On 29 June 2011 it was observed that Truro Up Starting Signal, T6, had been replaced. It is located at the bottom of the platform ramp, just before the level crossing, and it has been replaced with a new semaphore signal. The post, signal arm, platform and ladder all appear to be brand new. Some of the other parts like finial, spectacle glass holder, pivots, weights and pullies etc. look as though they could be second-hand but cleaned up to look like new. The signal has been provided with a rectangular sighting board, which contrasts with the curved sighting board on the Down Home Signal in the background. The galvanised steel post is unpainted. The signal arm was gleaming in the sunshine, and the whole signal looked immaculate.
- June Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS, LIGHT RLYS, TRAMWAYS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report