All 80 locomotives in the class were built at Swindon between 1951 and 1957. A small batch of five locos of the class was sent to Laira Shed, Plymouth in April/May 1954 straight from Swindon Works. The CRS website includes a picture of 75025 taken by the late Jon Wood. Jon managed to catch 75025 on the coaling line at Laira on 8 May 1954 when it would have been brand new. Of the 5 locos that started their working lives at Laira 2 have been preserved. 75027 is preserved at the Bluebell Railway and 75029 is at the North Yorkshire Moors Railway.
Many thanks Mike