Keith I've attached 4 pics which may be of interest: No.1 shows a Unimog and trailers being positioned ready for loading 60 ft track sections Nos 2 and 3 illustrates the tracked Panel Lifters during stages of loading these sections Pic 4 is at Gwinear Road where all the recovered sections were stripped with the steel sleepers to be recycled for a future relay on the Barnstaple branch. Gwinear was also utilised to build the new sections with concrete sleepers, 32 sections in total were built. In regard to Guildford, we did re sleeper the viaduct and I know some touching up of the alignment was carried out, I'll find out from my tech the rationale behind the new design. I've got a few pics of the Guildford works which I can pass on later Regards Graham Many thanks. Graham is a Network Rail Engineer with responsibilities for the permanent way in this area.
Work at Gwinear Road
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History