Our inexhaustible reporter Roger Winnen has been out and about again the attraction being unusual trains on the Waterloo line from Exeter. many thanks to Roger,
A going away from Feniton shot taken on the 23rd January 2014, Feniton station is visible in the distance. Copyright Roger Winnen. N.B. It is difficult to believe that there was once a goods yard to the left of this picture on the approach to the former Sidmouth Junction station. The Sidmouth branch converged with the main line passing under a bridge to the left of the one from which this picture was taken. This station closed along with the Sidmouth branch on the 6th March 1967 only to be re-opened as Feniton on the 3rd May 1971 .
Roger then moved back to Exeter Central area.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History