Unfortunately yesterday Roger Winnen had to leave Bodmin General before Denise actually touched the B & W metals. However Roger Salter who couldn't visit yesterday has completed the story with three views of the B & W's latest acquisition.
5322 was built in Swindon in 1917 & sent new to France to serve the Railway Operating Division of the Royal Engineers. My Grandfather worked for the Chief Mechanical Engineer (42 yrs) & worked on all correspondence for her build. He also went with the R.O.D. to France & then Taranto,Italy supplying the troops in Salonika, Mesopotamia & Egypt. A picture of his company was taken at Longmoor before embarkation in 1917. I also enclose a photo of her in war time colours when I visited Didcot & went into her cab a great thrill. Regards Roger Salter
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History