Earlier today 66111 running wrong line down the up line between Exeter Central and Exeter St Davids failed to stop before the catch points situated a short distance from St Davids at the foot of the bank. The locomotive was spotted with the front bogie 'in the dirt'.
Rescue in the shape of a breakdown train was reported as passing through Bromsgrove at 14.08.
Fortunately the down line between Exeter Central and St Davids is signalled for dual direction working. As a result the Exmouth service appeared to be operating normally with a unit on that service reported as standing at platform 3.
Trackwork is in progress in the area and this probably explains the 66 running in the wrong direction on the up line.
- April Home Page
- May Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS, LIGHT RLYS, TRAMWAYS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS