On Sunday 2st December 2014 Using 150 234 there were six Santa trains from Newton Abbot up the goods only branch to Heathfield, plus the last train which was non-Santa and run by Branch Line Society, doing the loop at Heathfield station, the end bit beyond the station and platform 9 at Newton Abbot. The last train left Newton Abbot platform 3 and returned to platform 9 - couldn't alight there, and reversed back to the Tuckers maltings and into the main station onto platform 3 again. There were large piles of logs at Teignbridge level crossing. Good news - I was told that the use of Exeter Riverside yard has been only temporary so that the Heathfield branch is not yet dead. The trains were full and standing, a very successful afternoon out despite indifferent weather. Many thanks John.
- October Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History