The Network Rail Test train = 2 37's and two yellow coaches is due at Penzance at 22.00 tonight with a departure for St Ives.
Roger has just reported about five minutes ago (18.55) that a test train has arrived at Penzance - the locomotives are 37038 and 37608. They are due to depart Penzance at 19.41 heading for Plymouth but also later visiting Moorswater and Looe.
It was reported that unfortunately, due to a bearing running hot, the down sleeper was terminated at Taunton. The passengers having to catch the first available service from there westwards. The train later ran down as empty coaching stock due at Penzance at about 10.50.
Further to the earlier message the motive power on the radio test train today 37 259 and 37604
Two class 60's are due to arrive at St Blazey late tonight to be placed in storage
The radio test train was noted today at Plymouth from whence it was expected to visit the Ernsettle area.
- September Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History