A couple of minutes earlier we see, from the box window the 13.43 from Barnstaple approaching. The apparent double track from here towards the former Coleford Junction is in fact two single lines, one to Okehampton and Meldon, the other towards Eggesford and Barnstaple. 16th April 2015 Copyright Roger Winnen.
A close up of the train describer for the Crediton , Eggesford and Barnstaple section. This comprises a track diagram mounted on a steel panel. Magnetic strips which have been annotated with the trains number using a chinagraph pencil are moved by hand along the panel. The tokens which are issued to the train drivers are coloured green between Crediton and Eggesford and yellow for there to Barnstaple. 16th April 2015 Copyright Roger Winnen.
- August Home Page
- INDOOR MEETINGS PROGRAMME
- OUTDOOR EVENTS
- HEADLINES - LATEST REPORTS and PHOTOGRAPHS
- FEATURES, MAIN INDEX & OUTDOOR EVENTS REPORTS.
- CORNWALL GALLERIES
- DEVON GALLERIES
- North & East of TAUNTON & HONITON
- Military and Industrial Tramways & Light Railways
- Pleasure Tramways & Light Railways
- RAILTOURS, AERIAL VIEWS ,MISCELLANEOUS
- CORNISH RAILWAYS WAR DIARY
- LOCAL YOUTUBE
- Historical - outdoor events Part 1 to 2009
- Historical - outdoor events Part 2 from 2010
- ARTICLES SECTION.
- ENGINEERING PLANT DIARY
- News reports Jan to Aug 2012
- Cornwall Railway Society - General Information
- MAPS, PHOTOS, AERIAL VIEWS
- Ex & Teign Valley Railway Report
- Yeovil Railway Centre History